Role of the Principal
- A commitment to an effective complaints handling system that reflects the needs, expectations and rights of complainants
- Recognise the need to be fair to the complainant and the person against whom the complaint is made
- Ensure the rules of natural justice are applied to all parties
- Ensure that complaints are dealt with quickly, courteously, fairly and within established timelines
- Ensure complaint information is handled according to the relevant privacy legislation and other act that prescribes how information should be handled
- Include processes to record complaints such as a complaints register
- Use complaints data to allow analysis to guide school system improvement.